Tuesday, December 06, 2005

A backup career

Maybe I should have been an accountant.

Does that seem far-fetched? And why I think about being an accountant? Ok, I really have no desire whatsoever to do that. I just like getting numbers for things. Here are some of the numbers I have figured out lately:

-75.99% of my gross monthly salary is accounted for by automatic withdrawls. That doesn't include food, gas, extra minutes on the phone, that sort of thing.

-Today, I lifted a total of about 32 215 pounds at the gym. Geez, I wonder what I would look like if I could do that all at once.

-An Air Mile's value, in respect to earned flights, depends on your carrier. For a standard Air Canada flight it is worth somewhere around $0.18 - $0.30. That definitely makes it a better deal to get my $0.075/L discount at Superstore then to go to Shell for Air Miles (not to mention Shell's not-so-stellar human rights record).

-I have consumed 5kg of peanut butter in about 5 months. That is a little under 32 000 kcal, just in peanut butter.

So now you know some more useless numbers. Maybe I will just stick with my current job and do the calculating in my free time....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just watched that movie 'Stealth.' No, of course I didn't pay for it..jeeze.

Your job must be pretty awesome though, cause I'm assuming that the female pilots you work with look like what's her face in that movie. Right?

Snides said...

Like Jessica Biel? Uh, yeah...yeah they all look like her.


See "Number Crunching" post below.