Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I did a marathon

That's right folks. I finished a marathon. In just over 33 hours.

Huh?

Ok, I didn't run at all. In fact, I sat my butt on the couch and watched the entire season one of the show 24. The only breaks were to pick up some pizza for dinner, to sleep, to pick up lunch the next day, and to go over to a friend's house for dinner. If we hadn't gone for that dinner (there were four of us watching) we would have finished in under 30 hours. Not too shabby.

So anything that can inspire people to remain on a couch for that duration of time must be pretty damn good, right? Right. This has got to be the best show on TV. I am certainly no expert, of course, because I don't really watch much TV. But everyone I have met who has watched the show likes it. I think it is because everyone can relate to it in their own personal lives. You know, your family being taken captive by terrorists, at least one or two deaths per episode, and even "accidentally" knocking people unconscious when you are supposed to be interrogating them. Computer systems that probably costs billions of dollars and can track a man's movement anywhere in the world. Hot chicks working for the government. Ok, it is all a fantasy. But it is an extremely entertaining one. I kept on calling it a movie. In fact, despite the lack of the big screen, I think there is a lot more potential in a show like this one due to the time available for character and plot development. It works.

I have to tell you, the only reason I watched an episode of 24 in the first place was because other guys were having a marathon. I figured that anything worth watching (or attempting to watch) for 18 straight hours has got to be good. And it was.

So there is really no point to this post other than to tell you that you should watch 24. You might even learn some top secret clandestine ops stuff. That's what I am in it for.

Next weekend...season 2. Not kidding.

Oh yeah...and Elisha Cuthbert is in it. If you needed another reason to watch.

2 comments:

Snides said...

Try watching it without commercials and without a week's wait in between episodes. I'm telling you, it's just like a super-long wicked movie.

Anonymous said...

Elisha Cuthbert, I'm down