Thursday, January 19, 2006

Snow

This evening, it was snowing here. This is not all that surprising, since it has been snowing on and off for days. But this evening, when it was dark and I was walking back from the gym, there was no wind. The snow was falling really slowly, and it was those really really big snowflakes - the kind that scatter on the ground when you stomp your foot down hard. It was very calm. It was the kind of weather that happens on Christmas morning in books and movies. It was one of the first time where I really noticed the weather in Winnipeg, and it was all good.

That's all. Just the snow. It made my day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last night I was walking home from class, and it was raining..the kind with wind blowing rain in your face and tossing your umbrella around. It was pretty sweet, for the first 30 days. Now the novelty has worn off.

Snides said...

Yeah, that sounds like good times. Nothing like...what was it...56 straight days of rain? Worst.

Anonymous said...

yeah, its been so wet here that my stupid old car, which I'm trying to sell, wouldn't start when the one person who was actually going to buy it came to pick it up. So much for that.....here comes the jumk yard.

Snides said...

That was a good car. I drove it. It worked then. WHAT DID YOU DO TO IT?

There is a ton of snow in Winnipeg, come on down if you want it.