Monday, August 08, 2005

Apology to the ones that brought me here

How did they know? Seriously, with all sorts of things that have happened to me in the last 3 years, I could go back to my parents and they would be well within their rights to say, "I told you so."

On taking care of other people's stuff: "Once you get your own car, you will understand." I sure will. I take good care of my car. It gets washed weekly, waxed and cleaned often, and properly maintained. When I was driving their cars, I could go for months - in the winter, no less - without a car wash. Hence, it is now in Hamilton rusting to pieces with the grill falling off. Sorry.

On cleaning up: "I can't stand getting home from work to a messy house. You will see, once you start going to work." This one was bang-on. When I got home to my house and there were dishes piled in the sink and crap all over the tables and floor, the blood pressure went through the roof. Just ask Kyle. I turned into the most annoying nag, because it drove me inSANE. I went back to my parents and told them. Sorry, mom and dad.

On making money: "No matter how much you make, you will never seem to have more." 100% accurate. I will make $30k more dollars this year than I did two years ago. But I don't FEEL like I have more money. It doesn't seem like I can spend any more than before, and it certainly isn't piling up. It just seems like I have more things I have to pay for now.

On friends: "Some will come and go, but never forget the good ones that will be there for you." Yep, this is true. I have had high school friends and university friends and work friends and girlfriends, and sometimes I pay more attention to one of these groups than another. But I know which ones are good friends. They're probably the same ones who will be commenting later at how my blog sucks and I need to quit my damn whining and stop being so lame. Ahh, good friends.

There are many other examples. What does it all mean? Am I getting old? Am I getting wise? Or was I just a really stupid kid? Who knows?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You sure as hell ain't getting wise, retardo-face. BURN. Man I'm so awesome.

It's funny, i had the same conversation with my moms a couple weeks ago (nmjs). I hate it, but they can totally say 'I told you so' on most accounts. MOST. Not all.

Snides said...

Yeah, not all. Like, they said, "neither a borrower nor a lender be." And then I got a mortgage and a big loan.

Uh oh. We'll see if THAT comes back to bite me in the ass.

Unknown said...

Preeeeeetty sure everyone is in debt all the time. Wouldn't lose any sleep over that.

Cracker said...

You're right Matt. I'm a great friend.