Friday, August 26, 2005

Une demonstration aerienne

Well, now I have a semi-reliable connection. I just go to my friends' house. Since I sleep here pretty much every weekend, I can get one post per week up. That's good, right? Right?


Anyway, last weekend I went to the air show. It was AWESOME. So here are some fine pics of the show. This is some crazy 60 year-old dude who flies in nothing but loops and rolls and Cuban 8's and hammerheads and various other aerobatic moves in his souped-up biplane.

Next is the good ol' GAU-8/U Avenger cannon...oops, I mean an A-10 Thunderbolt II. But the gun is the avenger. It's big. Like, really big. True, I've seen bigger...but never on a plane.





And finally, the often-imitaded, never duplicated CF Snowbirds. These guys are amazing. It looks like they are all tied together, even when they are going through climbs, descents and turns. Ridiculous.




That's it for now. I hope you have an awesome weekend.

No comments: