Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Life in Heck

That's right, folks, I now really live in Heck. That's because I have no internet access where I live.

It's horrible. Shaw Cable doesn't even service the building, so to get internet myself (I had been stealing someone's wireless) I would have to get a phone AND an internet connection. That would be over $60/mo all told. I feel socially isolated.

Luckily, I have found a new way. I just have to drive about 20 min to get to Bar Italia, an upstanding public bar in the Little Italy of Winnipeg. Then I just need to buy something (namely, pints of beer) and I get free wireless internet. So basically, it's like I get internet for free, and being able to get beer is just a bonus. At least that's how I need to look at it if I wish to avoid seeing myself as an alcoholic. So hopefully that's the way it actually is.

In other news, completely unrelated news, there was excessive drinking this past weekend on Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday. Lucky for me I managed to bow out to be the designated driver on on Sunday, and got to drive a drop-top Mustang on the highway in the sunshine. But really, should 4 guys be able to finish 4 x 40 oz bottles and 2 x flats of beer in one little night? I would argue 'no.' And then do it again the next day? That's just ridiculous. On Friday it was hanging out outside by the fire, while on Saturday night it was a social and some camping in Carman, MB. There was one male and one female in each of three tents, and nothing went anywhere. MAY have been related to various people passing out. Luckily, at that point, we were out of tents so I went inside my buddy's house to sleep (we were camping in the back 40 behind the house). And then they all woke up at 9 and drank all day, including a case in the car on the way home. Also during gokarting and bumper boats. Until 9pm. Damn.

I realize this post is full of rambling and nonsense and poor sentence structure. Next time, I will write the post before I get the beer. Have a great day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel awful for your liver. But I did the same thing last wednesday....I was even doing air guitar to AC/DC on a boat cruise. Good times allround

Unknown said...

You guys were drinking 40s? Awesome. Way to keep it real.

Cracker said...

Just this morning I was thinking "When's the last time I drank a 40? I used to be so cool..." Well played sir, well played.