Saturday, September 03, 2005

Random funniness

I had to laugh at the oil companies, whose signs at gas stations do not fit enough digits to display how high the price is. Stupid oil companies.

I also have to laugh at Tim "Who says I'm on the side of the oil companies?" Jacek, who said that the price of gasoline at the pump is a direct reflection of future predictions of the cost of production, because on the highway in the middle of nowhere I got it for $0.99/L when it was $1.10/L in the city. Of course, it's $1.19 now. But $1.09 outside the city.

I laughed at my buddy Paul, who went to Florida a few weeks ago. He pretended at one point to be a Florida Panther. He even got a whole box of business cards printed up, with his name and a Panther logo and whatnot. So he could get into some big bars and parties, where everyone thought he was a high roller. But then, thinking he was a high roller, he had to buy them $20 drinks all night before retiring to a) the girl's house; or b) his $20/night hostel. Crazy man.

Next time, I will try to post the funniness that is a "Social," which is a Manitoba tradition of having a party in a hall or an arena or something before a wedding, to try to raise money for the wedding. It costs money to get in and there are draw prizes for such things as "ExH Agricultural Products" baseball caps and a turkey temperature probe. Very hick. I have some pictures...soon. HEY, at least it's more interesting than DST. Bye for now.

5 comments:

Cracker said...

dear matt. i'm so drunk "i can hardly trype my name. I thought I shoudl reok y though, I love tou.

Kyle

(sunday night, agter drinkin at Joel nand tims for ~12 hours)NO bt serioustly thoiugh, it makes sense. Damn.

Unknown said...

So, Cracker's a drunk, Tim's a facist coporate pig, and you kill cute little Afghani babies.

Why do I hang out with you guys?

Anonymous said...

They have those socials in ontario too, but they're called stag and does... and if you don't buy goldfish insurance when you get in and your number gets called, you have to eat a live goldfish. I ALWAYS buy the insurance. oh yeah, I saw a lancaster and 2 hornets fly by at the football game on Monday. You would have been impressed.

Snides said...

I saw that Lancaster fly before. And hornets too. And I know about stag and does, but they're not socials. And I don't want to talk about socials anymore anyway.

Cracker said...

HA HA HA... I forgot I wrote that while drunk! Oh man, i'm so awesome. When was that even? Meh...