Monday, March 20, 2006

Squeaky Wheel

I'm a third wheel.

Not just any third wheel. I am a highly-experienced, well-skilled third wheel. I mean, I MUST be good at it, if I do it this much. Well, either that or I just get a lot of sympathy from couples (perhaps occasionally forced onto the male half by a sympathetic female). But I prefer to maintain my dignity and say I'm good at it.

I have been a 3W for tv shows. For movies at home and in the theatre. Breakfasts at restaurants, and beer & steak dinners. Wine and supper by candlelight. Hanging out on their bedroom floor while they are laying on the bed. Shopping at the mall. Snowboarding excursions to the mountains. Trips to the dump. 3W at the Home & Garden Show. 3W at the Sex Show.

And at the end of the day, they go home together. But hey, I know they're happier because of me. Because everyone likes a third wheel to rest on. Right?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A more commonly known term for 'third wheel' is 'cockblocking sonofabitch'.

Snides said...

Yeah, well obviously that is just one of the perks.