Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Motivation

Well, here I am. Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. Everything I ever wanted, almost. I have a nice place to live, decent food to eat, lots of friends here, and I am actually advancing my career/life now. Same goes for all the other trainees. So everyone should be happy, right?

Ha.

No.

There is way too much stress here for people to be happy. The only really happy guy I have talked to, not including the other guys on my course who just got here, was someone who finished his course last week. And this is the story another guy told about him:

"Andrew wasn't like this until Friday, you know. For 8 months, he was miserable. I went into his room a few months ago to ask him how things were on the course, since I was only a couple months into it and was not having a good time with it. 'Well, man,' he said, 'prepare yourself, because it doesn't get any better.' It wasn't very inspiring. I wasn't very motivated." No kidding. And that is all I have heard since I arrived. One guy today said he told his instructor he had to get a haircut, so he didn't have to fly. Everyone, all 80 or 90 of the other people who are on the courses ahead of me, just can't wait to be finished and out of here. Yet I haven't even STARTED GROUND SCHOOL yet, never mind being close to finishing the course. Yeesh.

GAFF remains high. Motivation high. Let's see how long I can hold that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a good time...but seeing as you never have problems with anything work-ish related, I think you'll be fine.

Unknown said...

Wicked. Sounds like you have a lot to look forward to.

But you're a pretty analytical guy, so when the going gets rough I'm sure you'll be able to find the reason for the roughness.




YEAH