Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Me

I'm bored. There's no doubt about it. There are so many things I don't know, so many things I don't know how to do, and yet I am bored. Shouldn't I be out doing these things? Yes, you are probably right. Unfortunately, something seems to be in the way. I call it: my job. It's not much of a "job" at this point, really. I go to class and learn french, 5 days a week. Some people would consider this an ideal situation - getting paid to learn something that could be useful in many aspects of life, both in and outside of work. Unfortunately, as you know, this also means I live in Winnipeg, in a single room. No kitchen, no living room, certainly no garage, none of that sort of thing. As well, I will be leaving in a few months so it seems as if I shouldn't get anything started. The things that I tell myself I would be doing if I weren't here are starting to pile up. I figured that, today, I would write these things down lest I forget/slack off and don't do them when I have a chance.

I want to learn how to do more home renovations and repairs
I want to learn how to be a great cook
I want join a sports team
I want to learn to do woodworking
I want to visit the east coast
I want to build my own cabin someday
I want to live in my own house
I want to fly
I want to go back to New Zealand
I want to live near to my friends
I want to go to France
I want to go hiking/camping/mountain biking more often
I want a bigger TV
I want to have a private bathroom
I want to talk to someone other than a teacher in french

Eyes on the goal. Head up. Keep going. And hopefully, one day soon, I won't be making any more excuses.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good news: you're well on your way to reaching those very attainable goals.

Bad news: you're still in Winnipeg.

Snides said...

Damn. I hate it when the bad news outweighs the good.